Stacey is a partner with Burchell MacDougall LLP. She was born and raised in Guysborough, Nova Scotia and attended Dalhousie University for both her undergraduate and law degree. Stacey practices exclusively in personal injury and civil litigation.
Stacey has been passionately advocating for those injured in accidents, slip and falls, and historical sexual assault claims since her call to the bar in 2010. She was led to this area of practice after seeing the profound emotional toll that accidents and abuse had on clients, and the ability she had to help them deal with the aftermath. Stacey is known for the relationships she builds with her clients and prides herself on being there when a client needs her the most.
Stacey also represents clients in employment matters, estate litigation and property disputes. She has experience at all levels of the Nova Scotia courts, with respect to motions, trials and appeals. She understands that clients need pragmatic advice and is an advocate for alternative dispute resolutions leading to early settlements, although she does not hesitate to go to trial.
Outside of the office, Stacey is a mom of two young boys, Dominic and Gabriel, the biggest source of stress and fun in her life. She spends her time at the soccer field with the boys and enjoys the outdoors. She is an avid gardener and enjoys family time at the cottage in her hometown, Guysborough.
She is also the Chair of the Canadian Bar Association’s Insurance Law Section, educating insurance lawyers on the plaintiff’s perspective and is also an active member of the Atlantic Trial Lawyers Association.
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Nova Scotia Bar Admission 2010
- Dalhousie University (L.L.B., 2009)
- Dalhousie University (B.A., 2005)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIP IN COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS:
- Member, Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association
- Represented clients in all levels of court in Nova Scotia, including the Nova Scotia Supreme Court and the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal
- Bringing and defending lawsuits in many areas, including property, estate litigation and wrongful dismissal claims
- Advised persons injured in accidents
- Advised persons injured in slip & falls
- Resolved personal injury claims
- Recovered monies for clients who are injured
- Represented dependents in fatal accidents
- Successfully represented historical sexual assault victims in claims against the Government